Wednesday 1 January 2014

ROSE TINTED ILLUSTRATIONS FROM 2013 // HAPPY NEW YEAR TO MY LOVELY READERS

2013 works by Maree W-B of Rose Tinted Illustration (c)

2013 has truly been a wonderful year. I've met and worked with some fantastic people doing what I really enjoy. It has been amazing to get some experience in the design industry in my first year out of University. What a blessing!

I feel like I have accomplished a lot in my illustration practice, furthering my skills and becoming disciplined to create regularly in my own personal style. Running the Rose Tinted Illustration & Design blog has kept me accountable to this, and has enabled me to make new creative friends all over the world through networking.

In 2013, I began taking this blog seriously as a way to document my work and inspirations. I gave it a distinct look by re-branding to a feminine style with rose pink tones and plenty of clean white space. I got my very own DSLR camera which allows me to take better photographs on my own terms without having to borrow equipment. I dedicated myself to post on a regular basis and to make work that inspires.

I just want to take the time to say thank you to everyone who read my blog at one point or another! I've been overwhelmed and encouraged by many lovely comments and I just want to let you know how much I treasure those words. They enable to keep doing this, even though it can be at times consuming and tedious.
Every like on my facebook page, or any comment I receive online puts my heart in a little flutter. It means the world to me to know people are taking the time to read this little blog. So thank you to each and every person who has dropped by Rose Tinted Illustration!
Much love - Maree Worrall-Bader.

Some Rose Tinted blog highlights from 2013 include:
Getting a darling little kitten
- Making pretty flower crowns
- Designing wedding Invitations for dear friends
- Being featured in the Change Winter Art Exhibition
- Helping a friend to style an Italian Wine & Cheese Evening
- Collaborating with Esther-Faith Photography
- Collaborating with Rebecca Halliwell Photography
- Seeing my beautiful friend Jess in the Wedding Dress I made for her!
- Photographing an Engagement shoot 
- Designing Save the Dates
- Photographing a style shoot for Eloise in the Cherry Blossoms
- Helping with the styling of a Rustic Wedding at a Horse Ranch
- Producing my favourite illustration yet
- Illustrating the cover art of my songbird friend Ashley's first recording
- Being a guest monthly feature over on Polli Blog
- Featuring in Tildy Magazine
- Producing an illustration of a favourite photographer's work (who loved it!)

I look forward to what 2014 has in store!

No comments: