Wednesday 21 August 2013

ABBEY LEE KERSHAW ILLUSTRATION

The gorgeous Melbourne native wearing a very detailed Balmain number that has all the bells and whistles. I normally stay away from drawing detail like this after a painstaking experience drawing a cityscape at school.(all those windows - eek!) But this jacket really intrigued me... I do like a little bling, but only if it's not overdone. This garment is so well structured it couldn't possibly look too much, even with all that intricate detail.

This work was done with graphite pencil on metallic blue paper. Not that you can see the glittery flecks, I'll have to take a photograph someday so you can.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow - that is absolutely stunning work. I do very much like the detail that went into it and would love to see a photograph to get an image of those flecks. :)

Rose Tinted Illustration and Design said...

Thanks lovely Aubrey! I'm glad you like it :) I will have to take a photo! Just waiting for a sunny day so the light will catch. It's been pretty rainy/gloomy here the last few days. Ps. I just had a look at your site and it's beautiful xo

Anonymous said...

Gloomy days are often some of the best for photo taking! At least those are my favorite days to go out with the camera. :)

Looking forward to you sharing it.

And thank you so much for you kind words. That really means a lot to me!