Monday 19 May 2014

"YOU'RE MY SWEETHEART" // HAND PAINTED ILLUSTRATIVE DESIGN

Photographs by Stephan and Nakita

You may remember last month we had our Anniversary shoot with our good friends Stephan & Nakita who are such talented photographer's and a wonderful pair.

I wanted to design some stationery to go with the shoot. I have been so in love with gorgeous floral invitations which I have documented on my Typography & Invitation Design pin board. I adore the look of pastel paint on brown paper (for this I used an exceptional metallic piece). I painted pale mint leaves with soft pink ranunculus blooms and white lily of the valley to frame the paper. I used a handwritten script font in white to convey a message for my beloved.

I would love to recreate this as a wedding invite! I would put the couple's name in the same script type I used for the wording and add the information in the lower right quadrant in a clean, capitalised font (sans serif for sure). I love to design wedding stationery, so flick me an email (rosetintedillustration@gmail.com) if you would like a custom illustrated design. It doesn't have to be a wedding either, I can design for any occasion such as a 21st or special birthday, a baby shower or an anniversary. I'd love to hear from you!

No comments: