Friday 13 September 2013

LAURA ILLUSTRATION // WITH REBECCA HALLIWELL PHOTOGRAPHY

Illustrated by : Maree of Rose Tinted Illustration
Photograph by : Rebecca Halliwell of Flowers & Dirt
Model : Laura Nicole
Dress : Zara

For this Illustration I collaborated with British Photographer Rebecca Halliwell who also shares a love of flowers, fashion and femininity. She also runs a lovely blog called Flowers and Dirt which you should certainly stop by for some inspiration.

I really enjoyed working on this one! The best thing about drawing on coloured paper is that both light and dark tones show up. This was perfect for capturing Laura's dark eyes and platinum blonde hair (I'm so jealous, I wish I could rock near-white hair!) There is something quite wonderful about drawing with white coloured pencil, it's like drawing with rays of light. Plus how gorgeous is her Zara dress?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thankyou so much for asking to illustrate one of my portraits, you have done a beautiful job! all the best,
Becca x x x

Rose Tinted Illustration and Design said...

So glad you like it Rebecca! It's such a lovely photograph, please keep making more beautiful imagery! :) xo