Thursday 25 July 2013

White Crochet Lace Top

I can't help but fall head over heels in love with any beautiful white lace or crochet garments I find. My husband would swear my wardrobe is full of white (or pale pink) lace items, but I can't help it! I swoon over any item that makes me feel all feminine and pretty. Not to mention the fact I'm slightly obsessed with weddings and bridal fashions. Although I can't wear my Wedding gown everyday, which of course was made from lace... I can wear pretty lace such as this top.

This little number is part of the Chicwish Retro White & Nude Collection and my goodness was it hard to choose which one to get! I would quite easily own the entire collection if I could. I settled on this gorgeous top cause it's quite different to anything else I own. It has a unique lace pattern which is more leafy than floral and is a little Art Deco in style. I also like that is has sleeves because at the moment it is Winter in NZ. Lately I've been wearing it over a merino thermal top and pretending it's Spring. It can also be styled in so many ways; with blue jeans or cut-off denim shorts, over a skirt or dress, and different coloured tops underneath change the look dramatically. It was also good to buy a top rather than yet another dress.

Plus how cute is the design of the Thank-you card they sent me? I think it's time to get my watercolours out, I'm feeling very inspired.